I would like to share with you how I suffered from anxiety.
I suffered from anxiety disorder until I was 57 years old. In about three years I began to feel like a different man. If a situation occurred that would start to upset me I did not jump to the ceiling. If I was a little bit out of line, as I like to say, very quickly I was going back to normal.
I have continued to stress, over the last 3 or 4 years, that I accomplish many more things now, as opposed to when I would easily get anxious and stay mad for 2 or 3 days, as well as other imbalances that did not let me enjoy life and work to the fullest.
Summing up this awful condition that I had until I was 57 years old, here is what I did to combat it, without taking medication with all the terrible side effects.
- Quit drinking coffee and caffeinated drinks.
- Followed a daily light aerobic exercise program that consisted of walking 10-30 minutes,
stretching for about 10 minutes every day, and light weight lifting for about 3 to 5 minutes
- Eliminated, as much as possible, foods that are high in fat.
- Stopped eating fried foods.
- Drastically reduced the amount of sugar in my diet.
- I have been very careful with my sucrose intake.
- Made steamed vegetables a staple in my diet
- Made it a practice to drink an average of 4-5 16 ounce bottles of water every day.
- Drastically reduced the amount of alcoholic beverages that I drink.
Stress and anxiety disorder can be lowered, to a big extent, with the right breathing, or better, with the right breathing exercises.
The right breathing is the foundation for many functions of our health. For instance, what I found out was that I could fall asleep much easier, after a very stressful day, by doing a few minutes of breathing exercises.
We can live for several days without food, but we cannot live long without breathing.
Of course, the topic of breathing and breathing exercises are too large of a concept itself to cover with just the few thoughts that I put together. However, I wanted to share with you what I did.
Anxiety Disorder is one of four Wellness Programs you will find in my book, A Unique Documentary of Health Through Nutrition The book is available in Kindle Format from Amazon, Paperback Format from Amazon, or in multiple eBook formats from Smashwords.