- 1 (10-ounce) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 20 large fresh mushrooms
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded reduced-fat Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat boiler.
- Drain spinach, and press between layers of paper towels until barely moist; set aside. Clean mushrooms with damp paper towels; remove stems. Finely chop stems; set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushroom caps, stirring constantly, 5 minutes. Drain. Place caps on rack of a boiler pan, stem sides up; set aside.
- Combine spinach, chopped stems, yogurt, and next 8 ingredients; spoon evenly into mushroom caps. Sprinkle evenly with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.
Yield: 20 servings (serving size: 1 stuffed mushroom).
Nutritional Information Per serving:
- Calories 32 (31% from fat)
- Fat 1.1 g (saturated fat 0.6 g)
- Protein 2.8 g
- Carbohydrate 3 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Cholesterol 3 mg
- Sodium 87 mg
Sources: 501 Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes
If you would like more healthy recipes, you can purchase my book A Unique Documentary of Health Through Nutrition,which is available in Kindle Format from Amazon, Paperback Format from Amazon, or in multiple eBook formats from Smashwords.